Thank you! We all at the Temple Crew and at the International Art Megacrew are deeply honored by the amazing positive feedback and warm support we are receiving from the burners community all over the world. Thank you also for all the inspiring conversations and enthusiastic comments that are building up on this blog and all our social network pages, and for your support to the successful Kickstarter fundraising campaign that just reached the first goal of funding!
Thanks to your support we achieved the goal we set on Kickstarter in less than two weeks – the first funding from the burners community of $20,000 we need to… kick start the Temple of Transition project! With the first 20K from the Kickstarter campaign we’ll be able, thanks to you, to pay for all the “bare bones” costs of the Temple, which allows us to cover all these costs (copying and pasting from an email I just got from Irish):
- Renting a giant warehouse (14000+ square feet!) & even bigger yard (20000+ square feet!) in Reno
- Power, water, security and other rates for this insane space
- Renting the many tools and heavier machines we need for the pre-build
- Comprehensive insurance policies to make sure all our people, gear and facilities are kept safe during the whole build + install process
- Volunteer Accident Insurance for 200 volunteers
- General Liability Insurance for the pre-build
- Public Art Insurance in case anyone hurts themselves on the playa
- Seed capital to book space, create crazy environments for, and promote a series of truly epic fundraising events in Reno, SF, LA, Vancouver, Dublin and Auckland!
- Producing a bunch of sweet ass Schwag for our many beloved supporters!
- LLC, banking + fiscal sponsorship fees – grr, snooze, sigh…
- Kickstarter + Paypal fees – double grr, snooze, sigh – boo! default world… boo!
By the way, here is a video of the working space we secured in Reno, and historic brewery and warehouse now converted in art space, where several other Burning Man art projects have been created over the last years. Ladies and gentlemen, introducing Hobson Square, home to the Temple of Transition and the International Art Megacrew in Nevada for the temple build!
As you can see from Irish‘s notes, more fundraising initiatives and events are ready to be launched over the next few months – and Kickstarter is not over yet! In the remaining 18 days you can help our project being one of these successful projects who get funded up to the 200-300% or more – the more we get, the more beautiful the Temple will be! Donate more, and make sure to ask also your burners and non burners friends, to support the Temple of Transition at Burning Man 2011!
Stay tuned with the Temple Crew, and don’t forget to be part of the BM Temple Community also on Facebook, Twitter, and Tribe to keep track with the build stage and get announcements for all our worldwide and online events!